An agreement of cooperation was signed between SCUT and the Guangzhou First People’s Hospital on February 27, as SCUT's Second Affiliated Hospital officially unveiled its plaque on the ceremony.
On February 27, SCUT unveiled the plaque of its Second Affiliated Hospital at the Guangzhou First People’s Hospital, meaning this Class IIIA hospital with a long history in the city now joins SCUT as a directly affiliated hospital.
Witnessed by Guangzhou Deputy Mayor Li Ming, an agreement of cooperation was signed by SCUT President Wang Yingjun and Director of the Guangzhou First People’s Hospital Cao Jie on the first day of the new semester.
According to the agreement, the university and the hospital will establish an intimate partnership to integrate and optimize various resources and thus to facilitate mutual efforts in advancing clinical teaching, improving personnel establishment and building research bases.
The two sides will be seeking for a common development that benefits each other, providing top-level medical services to citizens in a manner that is more effective, qualified and convenient.
As one of the oldest medical facilities in the city, the origin of the Guangzhou First People’s Hospital can be traced back to the West Town Convenient Clinic that was established in 1899. After merged with the Guangzhou Municipal Hospital in 1953, it was then renamed as the Guangzhou First People’s Hospital in 1954.
Among all of the hospital’s 50 medical specializations, it currently has the Department of Gastroenterology and the Department of Geriatrics included in the National Key Clinical Programs, while 18 departments are listed in the Guangdong Provincial Key Clinical Programs including general surgery, hematology, orthopedics and respiratory medicine.
Secretary of the CPC SCUT Committee Zhang Xichun, Deputy Secretary General of Guangzhou Municipal Government Ma Shu and ranking officials from the municipal government, SCUT and the hospital were also present on the event.
Source from the University News Center and the University Affairs Office
Translated and edited by Xu Peimu